Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stop and smell the roses.

We have moved. To our back yard. Literally. My mom has rheumatoid arthritis and going up and down stairs is hard for her. Our old house has stairs everywhere. So we moved into Kevin and Lori's old house which has no stairs.

Now if you know me, you would know that I am very sentimental about things. I never wanted to leave this house. Partly because of the yard. It has huge trees everywhere and lots of grass. I love it. Anyways, my parents had decided that we were going to move into Kevin and Lori's house, they just didn't know when. Well, I came home from school on Friday and we were moving!

So I went from living in the old house with almost nothing packed up, to in one day my bed was in the other house. It was quick. I wasn't really ready for it and I was sad because my cat was still over at the other house. I went a little cuckoo.


I was crying and blubbering, getting headaches, and I wanted to sleep all the time. Which is weird for me. Not the crying part, the wanting to sleep all the time. It was horrible. But when I woke up the next morning, I remembered a Sunday school lesson that I had a few weeks ago. My teacher said: We are spiritual beings having a mortal experience. We are here on earth having trials to help us learn and gain experience so we can return to our Heavenly Father.

That changed my perspective. I decided, what the heck, be happy. So I started thinking about the good things about our new house. My new room has a walk in closet (yes!), the way my dresser is positioned makes the sunlight catch the crystal knobs. Kevin and Lori left their real, not electric piano with the house, the house has no stairs which is good for my mom (although I love stairs). My cat is adjusting to being over there, the kitchen has a pantry, and it has wood flooring (although it is very loud and annoying).

I am much happier now. Although for some reason, it is very hard waking up there. Not like, why can't I be in my old house? Its like, can't open my eyes, I have a huge massive headache, and I can't move. It's very discouraging.

But sometimes, you just gotta stop and smell the roses.

The roses just outside my back door.







This is the view of the new house from my old house's back door. Pretty close, eh?

Anyway, I'm off to go watch Indiana Jones movies.

2 comments:

Carolina mama said...

Thank goodness for Sunday School teachers, and for you, Megan, for having such a great attitude. It helps me a lot and I love you very much!

The Yoder's Five said...

Your roses did look and smell very pretty yesterday. I'm glad you didn't have to go very far.

Not being afraid of change will help you a LOT in the years to come, because your teens and early twenties are when pretty much everything is going to change anyway. School, driving, dating, graduation, friends, your first job, moving out, mission, marriage, kids....