Sunday, May 9, 2010

{Happy Mother's Day!}

Happy Mother's Day!

Super Mom

Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.

You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.

You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.

I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!

By Joanna Fuchs

I love my mom so much. I think she is the best mom in the world, no matter what she thinks. I love you mom!

My mom loves aprons. She told me one time that she has always wanted an apron with ruffles. So, we went to the Quilt Shop and bought some fabric. I had her pick it out. I didn't want to tell her what I was making for her, but I didn't know how much fabric I needed. So I told her that I was making an apron. I didn't tell her what it would look like. She thought I was just making an easy one.

She was wrong.

Total time it took to make: Four hours. But thats because I kept getting distracted. I also didn't use any type of pattern. I was just wingin' it.


So I basically laid the fabric on the floor and started cutting. Its a bit lopsided. But who cares, it turned out good.


And, drumroll please.

.....................
..............
.......
....
.


She loves it. She kept saying, this is the fanciest apron I have ever owned! She has been wearing it ever since she opened it.
I must admit, there are a TON of flaws on it. But I think the total cuteness hides them.

And of course, you can't have Mother's Day without flowers!


My dad bought her some pretty flowers.


And I picked her some wonderful smelling roses from our rose bushes.

I finished the apron at about 10:30 pm. Leave it to me to start another sewing project that late at night. I wasn't using a pattern, I was frustrated with it, and I finished at the grand time of 2:00 am. (I'm not telling you what it is so there will be suspense.)

Progress pictures




I hate sewing on buttons. And sewing button holes. But they were necessary.


What is it?! Another drumroll please.
..........................
....................
.............
......
..
.


A skirt!

I must say, it turned out pretty cute for not using a pattern and doing it in the middle of the night.


The horrible sewn on buttons. I can't figure out how to work the buttonhole sewer on my machine, so I sewed them one line at a time.

That big line of red under the first button is where I messed up. I was too lazy to change the thread. But isn't it cute?! I'm going to make another one. It will be better sewn now that I know what I'm doing.

And again, I LOVE YOU MOM!

4 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

You are so talented at sewing! You must have inherited that gene from mom. Everything turned out so cute.

We love our mom, too! :)

Wanda said...

Okay so that is like the CUTEST APRON I have EVER SEEN!!! No really it is AMAZING!!! And the skirt is absolutely fantastic TO!!! And it really does look like that button hole that you sewed up is supposed to be there, any way I LOVE IT!!! WOW... Wait a second did you say you didn't have a pattern for the APRON or SKIRT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They turned out better then a horses back side up to the moon!!!! (that means it's REALLY GOOD! :)

Wanda said...

And HAPPY MOTHERS DAY Sis Murset!!! :)

Project Maniac said...

Very cute apron Meg. Good job. It is very cute.