Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nutcracker, Nutcracker, Nutcracker.


Nutcracker!

Last Saturday were Nutcracker auditions. They were very nerve wracking and I messed up a ton. BUT. Love conquered all (actually it was luck) and I got some of the parts I wanted! Whew, I'm so relieved that auditions are over.

First on the dance agenda:


Snow.
I got this last year and had a lot of fun with it. No matter how many times my teacher yelled at me because I couldn't get it right. I must have done well in the performance because I got it again!


Flower.
I got this last year too, except this year I am a demi soloist! So I'm one of the four girls surrounding the Flower Queen! I'm pretty excited about it. I just remember being so frustrated with the flower hoops and how they would catch on everything. I was always envious of the demi soloists because they didn't have the hoops.

AND LAST OF ALL... MY ALL TIME DREAM (well, one of them)


ARABIAN!
YAY!!! I have wanted Arabian for three years, and now I'm going to dance it! I'm so excited. Even though the costumes will reveal my blindingly white stomach. I am soooo excited.


Bring out the foundation, fake eyelashes, and red lipstick. Cuz I'm in the Nutracker.

4 comments:

The Mursets said...

Yay! That is so exciting! If you are worried about your tummy you could always get a spray tan, or use some tinted lotion, but I think you will look just great!

Congratulations!

Wanda said...

That is SO COOL!!! I am so EXCITED for you!!! Way to blow them out of the water :) will good luck with everything and I can't wait to see the end result :) Good Luck!

Project Maniac said...

We will have go this year.

The Yoder's Five said...

WOO! I've never gotten to do the Arabian and I always wanted to.

When we did The King and I, Summer used to put foundation all over her white belly. Just make sure it matches your face, haha. (And that it doesn't get all over your other costumes...)