Saturday, September 11, 2010

Goings on.


(Ria, I stole most of your pictures.)

On Labor Day we had school off, I had nothing to do and was just lounging around the house. Luckily, my sister saved me from boredom and invited me to go fishing with her and her husband! Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun! And yes Maria, I haven't seen you laugh that hard in a long time. Ha, it was great.

These pictures probably aren't in order, and I don't really want to explain ALL of what we did. All you have to know is, it was fun! You can look at Maria's blog if you want to know more. It's on the little sidebar thingy.


Maria and I


I really don't know what I was doing here...





In all our floating around and fishing, we only caught a little tiny fish. Shay tried getting it off the hook, but probably ended up killing it the end. May you rest in peace little fish.


Yesterday me and some of my friends went boating out on Quail Lake. I, of course, didn't get on the tube. But everyone else did and had a lot of fun!


Veronica waiting to get going


This is my friend Myles! We call him "Osito" or Little Bear. I have to say, he is a pretty talented kid. I haven't quit figured out all that he's done, but I do know that he has done gymnastics and wait for it... BALLET! Yes my friends, he has taken ballet. In fact, I think he's better than me. At least he's more flexible. Anyway, we were glad that we got to take him along.


Veronica, Myles, and Natasha


Later, we met up with our friend Zak. Sadly, our boat was acting weird, so they couldn't really get any speed. But we had fun anyway!


They were really sore afterwards. Ha, I wasn't!

After we went boating, we went to the Homecoming game. I have noticed that Hurricane has A LOT of school spirit. It was a ton of fun and we won! 55 to 21. WHOO!


Today I rolled out of bed and went to Nutcracker practice. I must say, I had forgotten how much yelling and confusion there is in rehearsals. But nonetheless, it was fun.


I almost stomped my foot and rolled my eyes when I found out what part I got in Snow. THE SAME ONE AS LAST YEAR. You see, the picture above shows me dancing the part that drove me to frustration. My teacher yelled and pestered at me until I got the step right. Actually, I never really got it down. Luckily, this year I get a different position later in the dance.


Then I went to Arabian practice! Wow, that dance may look easy, it's not. But it is way fun and I am so glad that I got this part. My feet were swollen my the time I got home. That's never happened before, not a happy experience.

Anyway, all is well, and well is all... or whatever.

3 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Glad you got one last trip to the lake with your friends. Looked fun.

At least you don't have to wear pointe shoes in Arabian, right?

Rheanna Bristol said...

I am so proud of you for the seed you have planted with Veronica.
You are a beautiful person!
I adore you!

Project Maniac said...

I finally checked out a video of The Nutcracker and now I know what you are talking about when you refer to the dances. I got it for Hattie, because she loves ballerina's and I thought she would sit still and watch it. Well she watched it, but she didn't sit still. She copied what everyone was doing the whole time. Nutcracker 20whatever when Hattie is older, here we come.