Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kelp is as soft as elephant fur.

I couldn't think of a title.


No, I don't know if kelp is as soft as elephant fur. I don't even think elephants have fur.

I felt the need to do a post, but I have nothing to talk about. Here is something my dance teacher said to us on Thursday:

"Have fun this weekend, it's your last!"

Thanks for cheering me up Deborah, I really appreciate it.

Anyway. The picture above is a totally random picture that was taken on a random day on account of randomness. It probably has nothing to do with what I'm saying, but I just thought I'd put it to some use.

Today in Young Women's we were having a lesson on standards. Our teacher was giving us the usual lecture on music and started naming off some popular songs that everybody listens to, but doesn't necessarily listen to the lyrics. One of the songs she named was "I Got a Feelin'" by the Black Eyed Peas. Then she started singing us some of the lyrics to show us that even though the beat is good, the words aren't, and that we shouldn't listen to it. I leaned over to one of my friends and whispered: "Don't they play that song at stake dances?" She nodded and we had a little laugh.

I have been listening to a book on CD lately on my Discman. So mostly you'll find me sitting on the recliner with my earbuds in while chewing on a fruit roll up. It's funny because people think that I can't hear them so they accentuate their mouth movements and use their hands a lot. Sometimes I pretend I can't hear them so they'll do it again.

I have discovered that I am not very good at ceramics. Enough said about that.

I realized today that I have never called clear tape "Scotch tape". It sounds strange to me and I doubt I will ever call it that.

I can't decided on a background for my blog. It's really annoying because I can't find one that I really like.

Did you go to Peach Days? It was really fun and I even participated in the mad rush to get candy from the Candy Cannon.

And...... that's all for now folks!



If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

3 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Pretty random, Meg. At least your dance teacher is honest with you! We never had Saturday rehearsals until about a few weeks before a big performance. No fun for you!

The Mursets said...

So what do you call Scotch tape then? Clear tape?

Tyler

Carolina mama said...

How about cellophane sticky tape.