Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm a dancing queen.

I enrolled in Social Dance at school this year. I'm not used to dancing with someone else, it's strange. BUT, it's way fun. Everyone still doesn't know everybody really well, so that's a downer. Nobody is really getting into it quite yet. We're doing the Cha Cha and it's kind of awkward to shake your hips while dancing with someone you barely know.




We had to introduce ourselves to each other. This is how it went most of the time:

HimynameisJoseandIgotapairofshoesforChristmas (pauses for breath) myfavoritemovieisInceptionandmyfavoritesportissoccer. (Breathes in deeply) What's your name?

It was very interesting and there are some pretty eccentric people in there.

I should get one of my dancing partners to be Fred Astaire for Halloween. I'll be Ginger Rogers.



But... good luck finding a guy who knows who both of those people are.

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

Psh. I wish they offered social dancing when I was in high school! There was no dancing whatsoever!!!

It's true--it's hard to find a decent partner. You should totally go as Ginger Rogers for Halloween, though.