Friday, September 16, 2011

My latest creation

Remember when I was in Ceramics 1 and I would show you all the stuff I made? Well you're in for a treat, I'm in Ceramics 2 now! I'm pretty sure you are jumping up and down with joy. Let me just say, it so so much more fun than Ceramics 1. He gives you more freedom and you get to use better glaze and clay.  It's going to take awhile to remember how to throw a bowl correctly though... Anyway, here's my practice bowl.

How awesome is that glaze?! It would take forever to tell you how I did it, so you can just bask in it's awesomeness for now.  I have another bowl that's ready to be fired, so that'll be what's next. But after that is my hand-built project! It's probably the most awesome thing I've ever made. Let's just hope it works out.

Do you know what FFA is? Well let me tell you. It's Future Farmers of America! There's a longer, official name, but I can't remember it... Anyway, I joined it for my greenhouse project. I'm their official photographer! They had an opening social on Wednesday. It was so much fun! We played mud football.

Before


Here's a little backstory on why I'm holding out my Mickey Mouse t-shirt.  Mr. Dayley, my greenhouse teacher and FFA advisor, hates Mickey Mouse. I don't really understand why though. It's common for students to secretly plant Mickey Mouse related objects in his room. So I thought it would be pretty funny to wear my Mickey Mouse shirt. It resulted in him passing me the ball every chance he got so I would get pummeled into the mud. THANKS.


After

This was actually before I got thrown into the mud by my fellow FFA members by order of Mr. Dayley. So I'm relatively cleaner than everybody else.
Ha... ha.

Our Hurricane Tiger football team is going to be on KSL's 11 o'clock news tonight! Go check it out!

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Um, wow...that's a lot of mud. Where did you play??

That is cool glaze on your bowl!

Carolina mama said...

Nice bowl glaze. It looks like the FFA - ers have also been glazed.