Sunday, September 4, 2011

Enjoy the little things.


A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in class listening to the announcements. As I drew an abstract dementor on my paper (don't ask), they announced Homecoming
Oh yeah, Homecoming, I'm old enough to go to that now.
Wondering if you are going to get asked or not is the worst thing in the world. You never know when it will be coming, or if it will come, so you become paranoid about who will ask you and how.
GAH!
Well I was paranoid for a whole week and a half before I got asked. I didn't even think I would get asked! But lo and behold, there was the first clue of the scavenger hunt in my car.

He sent me first to the library, where I found the next clue in some obscure book.
Then I drove up to the baseball fields, where the next clue was under second base.
That clue took me to a church, and the next clue was taped to a drinking fountain.
Then I was sent to McDonalds where I found the next clue on the sign.
That clue took me to Dairy Queen, where I had to look under all the seats. That one got me a lot of weird looks.
The last clue took me back home, where I found the last envelope.
(All the clues were attached to envelopes which had puzzle pieces inside)
And viola! I figured out who it was!




I had a feeling it was Myles the whole time! Let me just say, I'm glad it was him! We're good friends so we'll have a blast.
I answered him in a rather simple way. I was going to send him on another huge scavenger hunt, but that's a lot of work! So I just took him some Reeses Pieces with balloons attached that said, "Don't go to pieces, because I'll go to Homecoming with you!"
And no, you don't get to see my dress yet. You'll just have to wait till after September 24th!


So here in Hurricane we have this thing called Peach Days. There's a HUGE parade, booths, excellent food, entertainment, baking contests, a quilt show, fireworks, and my favorite, the Candy Cannon! It's basically a cannon that someone made and every hour they shoot candy into the sky and everybody scrambles for it!
I had never really enjoyed Peach Days until this year. I had always just walked around, looked at the quilts and eaten a customary Peach Days Navajo taco. But this year was different! I was in the parade on the Hurricane FFA (Future Farmers of America) float, which was super fun!



The shirts this year are pretty awesome.

Then afterwards I went and helped out a little with the rodeo, which was awesome because I've never been to one before. Then I went back to Peach Days and spent the entire day there! I listened to my mom sing, which was fabulous because she's so amazing. Then Veronica, Yok, and I spent the whole day eating food, looking at the booths, listening to the entertainment, and we even went and watched a fiddling contest!  My mind was blown. I now aspire to become a fiddler.


Yok, Veronica, and I


Taken with my phone at night, hence the horrible quality.

We listened to this band most of the time, they were super good! There were some pretty awesome fireworks afterwards.
The whole day was pretty much the best day ever! It taught me to enjoy the little things in life like getting free peaches, getting super messy while eating a Navajo taco, and listening to good, live music! I can't wait till the next Peach Days!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found these pictures while looking for the parade pictures. They make me happy :)


No photoshop, her eyes are really that blue!


This picture is a rare thing in itself. My mom never get's on the trampoline, and she was showing us her cheerleader moves from when she was in high school!

I love my family. :)

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

Whooaaaa...so much awesomeness in one post! I can't wait to see you all dolled up for Homecoming!!