Monday, March 7, 2011

I was a mime for awhile.

I will get to the mime thing in a sec.

I know that I ALWAYS talk about flowers, but hey, I love flowers. I started taking pictures of flowers back in 2009. My goal is to get the prettiest pictures I can. I'm kind of obsessed with flowers and rain, so for two years I have been trying to get a picture like the one below.


This was one of the first pictures that I took. I seriously had a gold streak with my pictures of flowers. But now... I just can't take the right pictures! It's probably because it's winter. Winter throws me off. BUT, flowers are starting are coming back! Yes.



I am so excited for when lilacs finally bloom!


And... the blossoms are here! I absolutely love blossoms. I have like 50 pictures of them. I can't get enough. Anyway, now that I've had my usual say about flowers, onto the mime stuff.

At school, I'm in the FCCLA club. I can never remember what it stands for, but it's something like Family-Consumer-something-Leaders-of-America. Anyway, we were in charge of planning and decorating for the Preference dance. This is the only dance that has a theme, so we had a lot of work ahead of us. The theme was A Night in Paris.


We spent ALL DAY Friday decorating. It took forever, but it turned out really awesome. Since I wasn't old enough to ask anyone to the dance, I didn't really have anything to do, so Veronica and I volunteered to be mimes! We didn't have to paint our faces (phew), but we definitely tried to act the part. I think we actually had more fun being mimes than we would have if we had actually had a date.
We had our own little station where we would blow up balloons for people and act like mimes. I think we were actually the entertainment. People were watching us the whole dance! We were pretty proud of ourselves because we got a lot of compliments on our little act. The DJ was actually playing songs for us so we could dance to them! It was so much fun and I didn't want it to end! I got home really late though. But that's okay! I had fun.


I had a huge Spanish exam today. I PASSED! I thought I was going to fail horribly, but I didn't! Phew. That's a weight off my shoulders. Now all I have to do is pass my Foxtrot test and I'll be done!

Well my friends, love life, love flowers, and it'll be all good.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I love that flower PIC!!!
way to go with the dance! I didn't see it but I am sure you did awesome! I want to hear all about it at YW !!! :D

The Yoder's Five said...

I want to see pictures of the dance!!

That is a pretty tulip. I want one of those.