Friday, March 18, 2011

My favorite picture with a purpose.

I was in a rather mellow and deep thinking mood today. As I sat on the couch reading 1 of 6 books I checked out from the library, I thought about purposeful things. As my mind wandered, I started thinking about what pictures I had taken that had a purpose.

I only take pictures of flowers, I thought. But then I remembered that I had tagged along with a couple of picture taking geniuses while they took my sister and her husband's wedding pictures. I was mostly there because my dad had asked me if I wanted to come. He handed me a camera and told me to take pictures of whatever I wanted.  The pictures that I took were mostly of the wedding couple, but they were never looking at my camera because they were focused on the other two cameras. I thought my pictures came out rather well actually.

So, as they were wandering around the temple grounds, I decided to go check out the flowers (I'm obsessed with them) by the visitors center. I decided to try and get a shot of the wedding couple with a flower incorporated in it. And this is what I came up with:


Unfortunately, I didn't know that these were roses. So as I leaned into the flowers and got myself situated practically inside the flower bush (I think the Visitor's Center missionaries were a little miffed that I was laying on top of their roses), I took a couple of pictures. I was satisfied with them, so I started to get out of the bush. Only then did I realize that I was stuck in the thorns! It must have been quite a show, seeing me try to get out of that. It was all worth it though, because this is my favorite picture of all the pictures I've taken. 

You may think it's not that great, but I don't care, I love it.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

Awesome picture! Love the red!