Friday, October 15, 2010

Nature is my medicine. ~Sara Moss-Wolfe


HA! I saw this picture and laughed out loud.


I love nature. I tie in nature with everything. I take tons of pictures just to try and capture the beauty of nature.

Here is one of my many views on nature. I like to think that our Heavenly Mother played a part in making our Earth beautiful. I mean, I'm sure Heavenly Father wouldn't leave her out of such an important thing! She might have put in the touch of beauty into nature. The smells, the feel of petals, the tinkling of leaves.

My favorite time of year is when I get to drive up to Girl's Camp. There is beauty EVERYWHERE! I absolutely love wildflowers and the trees up in the mountains.


This is my favorite kind of forest. I absolutely love these trees. Although I can never remember what to call them... Aspens?

Nature just makes me feel so fresh and clean.


Hence the smile. Although I've noticed that when I smile, I have this sort of maniac look. Don't worry, I'm not crazy. Yet.


I like taking really close pictures of flowers. That way you can see the details and the beauty of the flower.

These morning glories are taking over our fence. The sun was shining at just the right angle to make it seem like the middle of them are glowing.

I LOVE FLOWERS!


... And pumpkins. But mostly flowers.


Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. ~Albert Einstein





I like to incorporate nature into pictures with people in them. When I was helping out with Maria and Shay's wedding pictures, I was laying and squatting at awkward angles just to get a flower in there. I don't really like this flower... but it's nature!


This one is my favorite. Even though I didn't realize they were roses until I had buried myself in them. Very painful. But worth the picture!



I just have to say, look around you and see the beauty. Stop and smell the roses. Wake up early to see the sun rise. I had never seen the sun rise until I went out to the farm and raked the fields while the sun came up. It was so beautiful! Too bad the mountains around Hurricane don't really let you see the sun rise. But I will always remember the beautiful sight.

When I look at the details of flowers, I think: Who but God could have created such a beautiful and intricate thing? It boggles my mind.

Nature is a wondrous thing. Don't ignore it.

Now that I've gotten the point across that I love nature, on to one of my most recent triumphs.


Ceramics! I'm taking a ceramics class in school. Let's just say that at the first... I wasn't so good at it. The cup above did not turn out very well. I didn't do it on the wheel, but it was still all lopsided. At least the colors turned out cool!


We made a soap dish. I though this was pretty pointless because I don't use soap dishes. But hey, it makes a good pencil holder! (That was a suggestion given by Tanner. I don't know how he got that idea, but it could work!) This one turned out a bit lopsided too... oh well.


This is SUPPOSED to look squashed and weird. It's called a pinch pot. You get a big glob of clay, then pinch it into a bowl. I have to admit, I really like the color.


Sigh... my pride and joy. My first wheel thrown bowl! It took me forever to figure out how to do it. But I prevailed and now can make bowls by the dozen. I'm not saying that I will, just that I can. Sort of...

We are now working on slump mold bowls and wheel thrown mugs. I've already finished my bowl, but my mug will take some time to figure out. I will post pictures when they're done!


Hattie was following me around as I took pictures. She is so dang CUTE!


3 comments:

Wanda said...

wow Meg your pottery is AMAZING!!!
and that last one looks perfect :)

The Yoder's Five said...

You're not crazy yet... Hah . Give it time, Meg! Give it time.

I wish we had more flowers around here to take pictures of! And it's always weird to see pictures of Luke from a few months ago. He looks sooooo much younger!

Carolina mama said...

I love your nature photos. And your pottery.