Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"For you and I are past our dancing days." -Romeo and Juliet.

I am not past my dancing days. I just couldn't think of a title for this post...

So, the Nutcracker is over. I'm sad that it's over, but there is always next year! In our last performance we finally got some good pictures of me, so I decided to post the last bunch of Nutcracker photos, with pictures of me in them.

In my dressing room (a.k.a the shop room in the high school) giving a cheesy smile to my dad.
My mom, my sister, and I with their poofy sleeves.
I feel so under dressed. I think my tiara makes up for it.
My mom telling something important.




Look at that turn out!
Those bodices that we wear, are exactly like corsets. No joke. They pulled on those laces until your waist was the size of a coaster! My Snow costume was the worst, you had to use your upper diaphragm just to sniff your nose.

Oh no. I think the Nutcracker is getting to them.

I don't really have anything else to post about. I have been sick for about 2 weeks. Just today my nose sort of unstopped. You have no idea how much I can't wait for Christmas break. I also just finished two frustratingly long assignments about Romeo and Juliet.
"For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo"

Woe to anyone who has to explain how the story could have gone better, what is a soliloquy, what does Romeo mean in this line, etc.
(
cough,sniffle, hack, cough, hack, sigh...)

4 comments:

Wanda said...

that really is awesome that you were in that Nutcracker and that you did such an amazing job.
I'm sorry you had to do a assignment on Romeo and Juliet. I have started that book many times but never finished it, so good job :)

Trigger said...

Meg, you are an amazing dancer. Wish I could have seen your Waltz of the Flowers dance! I remember having super tight bodices on costumes--how are you supposed to breathe?!

And I LOVE your tiara. I was thinking that the whole time during Waltz of the Snowflakes. :)

Maria Nielson said...

Well, I wish I could dance like you AND Melis. I'm the one that got stuck with short legs and no turn out, haha. I'm sad the Nutcracker's over, don't miss my "son" though. Shay's sad too (or so I'm sure...ok probably not). Quite lovely ye is.

Megan said...

I could tell you wanted to smack your "son" on the head at times. I would too. I think you are a great dancer.