Sunday, June 12, 2011

I see red.

I have never seen so much red in my life. Actually, that one time I ate all those cherries, that was a lot of red.  Never mind.

Here's a red flower.




Oh look! Someone in a red dress who just happens to be standing by a cherry tree! What a coincidence. That person is me, by the way. I decided that I needed to document what I wore when I gave my second talk in church. I rather like that dress. It's really comfortable.

I had to talk about my trip to Palmyra. But since that was four years ago, I don't remember much! So I talked about what I remember most clearly, and that is the Sacred Grove. Gosh I love that place!  I was practically rambling when I got up to speak because I forgot half my talk as soon as I saw all the people in the audience. I was completely calm when I was sitting in my seat, but when I took those three steps to the microphone, something changed and I ended up shaking like a leaf. It was quite an experience.

I'm so glad it's over!

I told my dad that we needed some pictures of me on this momentous day, so we went to the cherry tree, and I ate cherries while he took pictures.


We managed to get a couple good pictures of me, but I'll only put one up.


Funny story about the earrings. So I'm putting them on this morning when I think: I wonder if I start shaking when I'm speaking, if my earrings will shake too... that would be pretty distracting.
So I changed my earrings to non-dangly ones and put the dangly ones in my scripture case, which I changed into after my talk. It was actually a good plan, seeing as I was shaking so hard. I probably caused another wave of earthquakes in Japan, it was that bad.

The good thing is, it's over. I hope never to have to speak again. Like that will happen.
I can only dream!

2 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Aw, Meg! So pretty in your red dress. I still get nervous when I have to speak. I hate that feeling!

Carolina mama said...

And Japan will thank you for wearing post earrings during your talk.