Wednesday, August 18, 2010

{8-18-10}


Happy Birthday Nathan! Nathan turn 5 last Sunday and has already started Kindergarten! He is so smart, polite, and just plain awesome!

He had a Star Wars themed birthday party (I should have thought of doing that for one of my birthdays a long time ago). Monica made an awesome Death Star pinata.



And Lori made a Star Wars costume for Nathan. You have no idea how jealous I am.

Happy Birthday Nathan!

And right after we got back from the party, we went to another one! My friend Veronica was having her Quinceanera that night. The meaning of that big long Spanish word is... I don't know. But it's basically a party that they throw Mexican girls when they turn 15. They wear a big, beautiful dress, a cake, and all sorts of other stuff. Veronica asked me to be one of her "damas", which means "lady". The party was pretty awesome.



They had a disco ball type thing going.


And a DJ!



Then Veronica made her grand entrance! Sorry the lighting is poor, but the lights were off. Veronica looked SO gorgeous!


Veronica and her damas.


Veronica and most of her guests


Funny face!


Then Veronica had her first waltz. It's traditionally done with the father, but he wasn't there so my dad filled in! One by one all of the guys present at the party would go up and dance with her.


TANNER danced with her. That shocked all of us.


Man, she was GORGEOUS!






I'm so glad she's my best friend!

Meanwhile, I'm in school. Ballet started back up again, which I was happy about. P.E. is heck.

Sometimes I wish I had red hair. But, I have decided never to dye my hair. So I'm content with being a brunette.

And... that's all for now folks!

P.S. Wanda is back, so now I will be able to show you pictures of my trip to the farm!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14,000 things to be happy about

fresh flowering plants

3 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Fancy ladies!!!!! Veronica looked gorgeous, indeed. Love her dress. Quince means 15 in Spanish. Haven't you taken Spanish???

Wanda said...

OH I wish I could have been there !!!! :( And your not joking she is so GORGEOUS! Will she always is but even still :)yes I will bring those pics tomorrow :)

The Mursets said...

Good times! She looks soo gorgeous! It looks like you all had a good time!