Monday, March 15, 2010

14,000 things to be happy about.

This wonderfully warm weather is putting me in a very happy mood. So I decided to think about what things make me happy. So I went to our massive bookshelf and pulled down a book called: 14,000 things to be happy about.


This book is amazing. It makes you thing of all the little simple things in life that you should be thankful for.

I picked 65 out of the 14,000 to put on this blog. Of course I could have found more, put I was just flipping through it and picking out things.

And now, prepare to be happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cats sitting in the sun or by a heating vent


watching the rain fall

butterflies

clean sheets


sewing scissors

water's shiny surfaces


pinecones


water beds

fresh, crisp air and sparkling light


the voice you love to hear

games with jump ropes


ice cubes tinkling like wind chimes

the rich color of garden roses


Hula-Hoops


paws

the patter of rain

American flags


peasant scarfs


The Beatles

bicycles


mammoth dictionaries

first buds


dance studios


racing a bike

Dilbert comic strips

clear crystal


cloudy-day gray

a sense of serenity

blue sweatpants


laughing out loud


rainbows

seam rippers

Dairy Queen

Beethoven symphonies and sonatas


suspenders

old fashioned summers


striped ribbons

having the Sunday funnies on hand

Sack lunches

colors of the 64-crayon box: carnation pink, salmon, lavender, thistle, orchid, periwinkle, blue-violet, violet, plum, magenta, red, maroon, violet-red, red-violet, mulberry, brick red, orange- red, red-orange, yellow orange, apricot, peach, maize, goldenrod, orange-yellow, lemon yellow, yellow, yellow-green, green-yellow, spring green, sea green, green, olive green, pine green, forest green, blue-green, green-blue, turquoise blue, aquamarine, sky blue, navy blue, cornflower blue, cadet blue, midnight blue, blue, blue-gray, violet-blue, raw sienna, sepia, bittersweet, raw umber, brown, tan, burnt sienna, mahogany, Indian red, copper, silver, gold, gray, white, black

being prankish


"Nice socks!"


rushing rivers

Better Homes and Gardens magazine


an echo

the smell of blossoms


ruffled aprons

erasers that work well

fresh flowering plants

musty old books

pearl earrings

buying all new pencils and pens

pretty weeds


the clap of thunder

hardback books

brown eyes


those moments in life that are utterly simple

rosy cheeks

making up dreams in bed

rocks

a cat purring

voluminous skirts


and fresh green grass


Didn't that make you feel happy?

What makes me smile about this post is: I took most of the pictures for it. Not all at once of course. Some of them are old, some of them are new. And of course I didn't take the ones of me. I'm not that talented.

I hope this made you smile!

2 comments:

Carolina mama said...

Oh, but you are THAT talented. Magnificent post. I love you.

Trigger said...

Nice socks! Hahahahahahaha. I like "Your cake will brown slowly in the oven and rise like a perfect sun." I used to read that book all the time when I was your age, too.