Thursday, February 11, 2010

My new and improved diet.


My words when I tasted soy yogurt:

"Its strong!"

"I guess I could get used to it. Maybe."

"Tastes like cheap wedding food."

I must admit, this new diet is taking some time to get used to. I haven't tried the rice yogurt yet, I can't say I am eager to. But I must say, the soy ice cream is yummy, but I can't eat just ice cream. I have been starting to figure out what tastes good and what does not. Like:

1. Even though I don't like soy milk, it tastes good with cereal. It also looks more satisfying.

2. Herb popcorn tastes just as good as buttery popcorn. Even when it includes things like: onion, garlic, celery, mushroom, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, tomato, carrot, parsley, black pepper, cumin, rosemary, basil, and paprika.

3. Do not even try vegan cheese.

4. If you get past the strong nutty taste, chocolate almond milk actually does taste like chocolate milk.

5. I can have rice crispy treats! And Oreos!

I hope that after a few weeks I will be able to find out things that I like. So far I have been eating a lot of hard rolls and saltines.

3 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

I agree--nothing can replace real cheese. Don't forget that you can eat pasta and fruits and vegetables. Is this diet helping you feel better?

Megan said...

It is helping me feel better, luckily. I just hope mom and dad can be patient with my constant scrunching up of nose at things that I don't like but have to eat now.

Carolina mama said...

Only five months, and three weeks to go. Hang in there. I love you.