Friday, July 23, 2010

Granule Void.

(Dad)

In other words, Sand Hollow.

I'm not saying I don't like Sand Hollow, I just needed a more creative name for this post. Hence, Granule Void.

My Aunt Nanette, her daughter Dana, and her two kids came for a visit while traveling to California. We thought we would have some fun while they were there, so we went to Sand Hollow! This was the first time we have taken our boat to Sand Hollow. We usually go to Quail Lake. But Quail doesn't have any good beaches, and Sand Hollow does. So... Sand Hollow is where we went.

I've only been there a few times, but it was really fun!


We stayed around this little "oasis". It was so cool! The water was just right and there were even little fish swimming around us!

Since we had the boat, of course we had to go tubing! I didn't get on the tube, I've never liked tubing. But I won't talk about that.


Nathan. He was being stubborn and wouldn't get on the tube. But he still had fun!


Madelyn had a BLAST!


Mwah.


Ava. I think this is a hilarious picture.


Mark and Dana


My dad even let Nathan drive! He also let Dana's son Jordan drive. They had a lot of fun!


Random picture of me.


Mark and Monica took the kids for a ride.


Then Mark went by himself. It was crazy! This picture was taken right as he was about to fall off.


Hi Ty.


Playing on the beach...


Ignore my white legs.

After we were at the beach for awhile, Mark and I walked over to the cliffs. We decided not to take our shoes (TAKE YOUR SHOES). Our feet got BURNED. I was hobbling like a old person the rest of the day.


I don't know if you can see the redness. Lemme tell ya, it hurt. We jumped off the cliff three times. It was fun and scary at the same time. I would have to sit there for awhile before I could get the nerve to do it again.


We decided to swim back. I didn't see a rock and whacked my shin on it. It hurt pretty bad, but it's better now.


LUKE! Dang he's cute.



Nathan and Madelyn were having a blast swimming around.


Aunt Nanette and Kate


Dana


Jordan


Our truck had some pretty big mirrors. And thus, this picture was born.

Awesome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1 in 14,000 things to be happy about.

Rereading old letters, magazines, and books

Some of the books I always reread are: Ella Enchanted, The Wild Mage series, The Twilight series (yeah, I read 'em), The Miracle of Forgetness, Trust in Thelma's Way, and many many more. Good books, good books.

2 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

You didn't take your shoes???!? If I'd have known, I would have nagged Mark until he had you take them. Sheesh.

Well, I'm glad you had fun anyway and took some cute pictures.

Carolina mama said...

Yes. Very cute photos.