Friday, June 11, 2010

Avatar: The Last Airbender

A few weeks ago I went to a movie with my friend Veronica. She really wanted to be there on time so she could see The Last Airbender preview. It didn't show and she was really mad. She was so excited about this movie! She said that it is based off of a cartoon. I was curious on how a cartoon could be so amazing. And then my sister Melissa was talking about it on her blog. So I decided to see what all the hype was about.

I watched the first episode and went: WOW! GIVE ME MORE!

So I watched all three seasons (or books) in about three days. A season each day. Now thats what I call obsessed. In some parts it is a bit cheesy, but I think it is pretty awesome. After I watched all the seasons, I kept telling my parents how the movie better be good or else. Then I went on to explain how Aang has this Sky Bison and that Aang is the Avatar and has to master all four elements. I think I have filled them in on more than they wanted to know.

I don't think I have ever been so excited about something. It is awesome when all of them fight, especially Aang. He is AWESOME!

In case you were wondering, Aang wasn't born with his arrow markings. He got his mastery tattoos after he mastered 35 of the 36 tiers of Airbending and invented a new Airbending move, the Air Scooter. There was one episode looking into the past and he didn't have the tattoos, and I was confused because I thought he was born with them. So I looked it up.

Aang in the Avatar State at the last battle.

Most epic battle ever! I've watched that last episode like three times. I know, I need a life. I have been trying to figure out as much about the movie as I can, but it's kind of hard. Turns out, they are going to make a trilogy about it! This first movie is all about Waterbending, the next Earthbending, and the last Firebending. I can't wait. I listened to an interview and they said that they are planning on having Aang ripped by the last movie. Because if you haven't noticed, in the last episode when he's fighting, he's pretty ripped. Not in a wrestling champion sort of way, in a well built sort of way.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE MOVIE!

Okay, I have ranted enough on that. I am off to watch all the seasons again.
(Just kidding mom and dad.)

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

Mark and I figured you would watch the whole series in two or three days. We predicted it.

And I certainly hope they're going to buff up that little kid in the movie because right now he's got some chubby cheeks!